To make over easy eggs, follow these steps:
- Gather your ingredients: You will need eggs, cooking oil or butter, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the pan: Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil or butter. Allow it to heat up.
- Crack the eggs: Carefully crack the eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl or directly into the pan. Be cautious not to break the yolks.
- Season the eggs: Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the eggs to season them according to your taste preferences.
- Cook the eggs on one side: Gently slide the eggs from the bowl into the pan, ensuring they stay intact. Allow them to cook for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Flip the eggs: Using a spatula, carefully flip the eggs over. Take care not to break the yolks during the flipping process.
- Cook the eggs on the other side: Allow the eggs to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute on the other side. This will lightly cook the yolk while keeping it runny.
- Remove from heat and serve: Once cooked to your desired level, slide the eggs onto a plate. They are now ready to be served.
Over easy eggs are commonly served for breakfast or brunch alongside toast, bacon, or other breakfast items. The yolks should be runny, and the whites should be fully cooked but tender. Adjust the cooking time slightly if you prefer your yolks more or less cooked.